I need help with...

This webpage is a short list of critical services. There are many more services available at WSU. Always reach out if you need assistance:: 509-335-5757 or deanofstudents@wsu.edu.

Mental Health

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis: 

You can also visit our mental health webpage to learn about other ways you can practice self-care, including quiet spaces, SAD lamps, and opportunities to connect with others.   

Free mental health apps for all Cougs

These services are made for YOU. You may need them once, you may need them all the time. Whatever works for you. 

Need someone to check in?

The Student Care Network can help when you are concerned about yourself or another student. We will contact whoever submitted the form to gather additional information, talk about the situation, and identify the next steps. Reports may also be submitted anonymously.

Remember: If someone poses an immediate threat to themselves or to others, call 911.

If you see something, say something:

Report Hazing

If you witness acts of hazing, please complete the Hazing Report Form. We ask that you provide your contact information so we have a viable reason to follow up on the report.


File a Report for Title IX violations

Reporting misconduct on the basis of sex, including different treatment, sexual harassment, stalking, dating violence, domestic violence, or sexual misconduct

General assistance for other struggles or crisis

If you are struggling and need help, please reach out. We are here for you and want to help. 

If you or someone else poses an immediate threat to themselves or others, please call 911. 

There are a number of resources available to support you: 

  • Academic Help We can help you navigate academic deadlines and connect you with tutoring and other support. 

  • Mental Health Support: Call 509-335-4511 to schedule a counseling appointment (call 509-335-2159 for after-hours crisis support). 

  • Financial Assistance: The Office of the Dean of Students has emergency funds to help with basic needs. 

  • Housing: Temporary housing is available in many residence halls. Call Housing and Residence Life at 509-335-4577 for more information. 

  • Food: Cougs Feeding Cougs offers food pantry and meal swipe programs if you’re experiencing food insecurity. 

  • Personal Care: The Student Recreation Center and Chinook Student Center have locker rooms and showering facilities available to all undergraduate students during business hours. Menstrual products are available for free in the first-floor restrooms in the CUB and other restrooms around campus. 

  • Other: Request support for yourself or someone else through the Student Care Network, which provides access to vital resources and services.