Charge to Student Conduct Process Task Force
The Student Conduct Process Task Force will carry out a comprehensive review of the University’s current student conduct process.
Task force members will strive to ensure that WSU provides a fair and equitable student conduct process that supports the education and accountability of students while protecting the safety and rights of the entire WSU community.
Following its review of the existing student conduct process, the task force will recommend any changes that will improve the quality, fairness, and educational values of the process. In the course of their review, task force members may:
- Research conduct processes employed by other universities
- Review relevant scholarship and research in the field, as well as legal requirements
- Interview student conduct experts
- Examine statistics and other information related to the WSU conduct process and the Office of Student Conduct
- Gather and consider input from internal and external constituents
- Engage in other information-gathering designed to develop a clear understanding of the nature, scope, and best practices in student conduct broadly, as well as at WSU
The task force will produce a report documenting its findings and making recommendations to President Schulz. The president then will submit any proposed changes to the conduct process to the Board of Regents for consideration and possible adoption.
The WSU community and the public will be invited to comment on the proposed new conduct rules once they are drafted. Opportunities to provide feedback will be available online and in person. The Regents also will schedule a public comment period at a future Regents’ meeting before voting on any proposed new rules and/or revisions to existing rules.