Available Resources: implicit bias awareness for search committees
The following resources are currently available to bring awareness to implicit bias that occurs during the hiring process.
- Schedule a large group discussion with Jaime Nolan, Associate Vice President for Community, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence. Please contact Jason Abrams to schedule meetings at Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4525.
- WSU’s Human Resource Services (HRS) has a detailed staff recruitment toolkit that includes implicit bias information. These resources can be accessed on the HRS website at https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/implicit-bias/.
The resources include:
- Implicit Association Test
- Reviewing Applicants: Research on Bias and Assumptions handout
- Countering Bias in the Interview video and key takeways from the video
- “We are all for Diversity, but…” article
- Implicit Bias Toolkit
An Implicit Bias Awareness Training is in development. If you would like to be contacted when the training is available, please provide your information on the following form.
If you have further questions about the training in development, please contact Jason Abrams at email@example.com.