Student Affairs Initiatives & Programs
Drive to 25
The Division of Student Affairs plays a pivotal role in the larger WSU Drive to 25 initiative which aims to see WSU recognized as one of the nation’s top 25 public research universities, preeminent in research and discovery, teaching, and engagement by 2030. This initiative, led by WSU President Kirk Schulz, evaluates the institution's performance based on 11 key metrics, three Association of American Universities metrics, four peer-comparison metrics and three WSU-specific metrics.
Student Affairs programming and services significantly influence the institution's success in meeting eight of the 11 outlined metrics. These include:
- Federal research and development expenditures
- Total research and development expenditures
- Doctorates awarded
- Annual giving
- 6-year graduation rate*
- Percentage of undergraduates involved in research, scholarship, and creative discovery*
- Placement rate of graduates*
- Percentage of underrepresented minority faculty, staff, and student*
(*) Indicates metrics most closely aligned with Student Affairs programs and services.