Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Division of Student Affairs

Executive Policy 15 Work Group
Free Speech Subcommittee Meeting Minutes
4/10/2018

Attendees: Judi McDonald, Luci Loera, Nicole Manzione, Beth Blanks Hindman , Berto Cerrillo, Kathy MacKay

Everyone reported on their progress since last week:

  • Beth will send all minutes of our meetings to Tiffany in Kathy's office to be uploaded for the general public to see
  • Kathy will talk to student groups/leaders to get their feedback on case studies and FA Qs.
  • Berto is working material to help to teach free speech in small groups...presenters will be staff and sudent leaders, audiences are incoming st udents . He will put what he has so far Berto is working on helping to teach free speech in small groups...presenters are staff and sudent leaders, audiences are incoming students. He will put on Sharepoint what he has so
  • Next Tuesday both subgroups (Free Speech and Policy) will meet jointly for a progress report and plan for summer and fall
  • The Free Speech group's goals are:
      • continue with creation of FAQs (and answers) on free speech,
      • creation of definitions and scenarios/case studies
      • education component, including videos and Berto's small group work

Next meeting: Tuesday, April 24, 8:30 to 10, Goertzen 218/ 220. This will be a joint meeting of both subgroups to give a progress report and set future goals .