Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Division of Student Affairs

Executive Policy 15  Work Group

Chairs & Co-Chairs Meeting Minutes
07/10/2018

Attendees: Kathy MacKay, Candace Chappelle, Brandon Chapman, Kim Anderson

Get summer updates from sub-groups, dial in other groups [find out what they have recommended].  Move forward with getting more members.  [Flyer] is being designed, Brandon will draft email, “we want your input” to be signed by Chairs/Co-Chairs.  Copy administrators (Kim, Kathy) on emails to better support progress.

Need to meet with Mary Jo prior to the big meeting in the Fall:  Give Mary Jo proposal of what the Work Group and each Subcommittee could look like.  Present names and summary of each subcommittee.  Ask Mary Jo for input about faculty involvement.

  • [Work group] to have another meeting: August 13, 9:00 a.m.
  • Need to draft an agenda for August 28, and discuss update for Mary Jo (August 28, 10:00-11:00, Lighty 360D)
  • Letter to Kim to communicating request for separation of policy (sexual violence/discrimination), Kim’s area to work on first draft

Committee Membership, important to have student and regional campus representation

Have roster complete by Fall semester start or within one month of semester start, goal is September 1.  Discussed having 1-2 undergraduate and 1-2 graduate students (Total of 3).    Some students identified, but did not attend meeting(s).  Additional representation from Faculty Senate, others faculty members?

Chairs/Co-Chairs will seek suggestions for potential members.  Staff/faculty or student groups informed on issues, with interest/knowledge re: EP15 and related topics (e.g. Violence Prevention and Women’s Resource Center, RSOs, MSS, as well as students with varied interests and political perspectives).

Value in going to governing bodies for suggestions, but timing may be an issue.  Candace will ask GPSA for recommendations.  Would like to have at least one graduate and two undergraduate students on each subcommittee (Policy, Free Speech).  Possibly have administrators attend meetings with specific groups, (governing bodies, RSOs) to promote committee participation.

Ask Brian Shuffield (Student Involvement and Leadership) to send email to advisors.  Send invitations, and/or request recommendations to ASWSU reps on all campuses.  Also seek faculty/staff participation from each campus.  Brandon will also send email to current members to confirm commitment.

  • August 13, 2:00-3:30, Light 405, Working Group Chairs and Responsible Administrators
  • August 16, 8:30-10:00, Spark 0045, Working Groups August Meeting
  • August 28, 10:00-11:00, Lighty 360D, EP15 Working Groups