Cultural & Resource Centers Working Group
Wednesday, Feb 13, 2019
Subgroup 1 – Faith Price, Assistant Director, Native American Student Center; discuss progress & recommendations
Reviewed a large list of programs and budgets; still in progress, many are involved in modernization efforts. Targeting March for 100% completion. Reviewing the intent for what this information is being gathered for and how it can be disseminated in a way that’s meaningful. Very close on overall financial picture. Approach has been data & methodology gathering. Subgroup 5 will provide recommendations based in Subgroup 1’s findings. Need to ensure we distill down findings to be reader-friendly and digestible/actionable.
Subgroup 2 – Completed – looked at Student Affairs
Subgroup 3 – Ana Maria, Rodriguez Vivaldi, Faculty, School of Languages, Cultures and Race – looked at Academic Affairs
Subgroup 4 – Benchmarks Report (pending)
Subgroup 5 – Team; next steps and discussion on:
- Review Benchmarks Report (Student Affairs site)
- Review Multicultural Student Services Report (Student Affairs site)
- WSU Tri-Cities Diversity Center Proposal (Student Affairs site)
- Cultural and Heritage Houses Usage Report (Student Affairs site)
- Pending reports from other groups
- Identify Gaps
- Recommendations (look at top 5 recommendations that can have impact in the next couple of years; Jaime to forward Josue examples as reference for format & content).
- Overseer – Agency New Agency/New Model
- Metrics – How do we gauge success?
- Actions steps
- Populations served / not served / underserved:
- Formerly incarcerated
- 1st gen
- Foster Care / Homeless
- Students in recovery / sober living
Subgroup 6 – Partners in this assessment
- Alumni Relations
- WSU Foundation
- ASWSU (all campuses)
- Office of Undergraduate Education
- New Student Programs
- Global Campus
- Student Affairs Marketing
- Campus Community
- Pullman Community
- TBD guest or ideas for topics to discuss at our next Cultural and Resource Centers meeting?
- Invite James Bledsoe to meeting, or to partner in assessment?
- Invite guests for roundtable discussion prior to final report?
- 2/15 Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Summit – need to ensure that we channel findings and simplify/streamline/collaborate/partner on initiatives.
- All 5 Working Groups Meeting - March 6, 2019; Location Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility 1002 (ADBF 1002) & AMS/Phone (9:00am-10:30am)
- Next Group Meeting Wednesday, March 20, 3:00 – 4:00, Lighty 405