Service Update: The Student Affairs Marketing Office is operating with reduced in-person services. Please fill out a submission form and drop off all marketing materials (Flush Flashes, Banners and Sandwich Boards) at the CUB Information Desk on the first floor.
Signage & Posting
There are many locations on campus that are great for getting your message out. Below are the policies and procedures for some key locations on campus that accept printed materials. Registered Student Organizations, WSU Departments, and academic-focused events such as study groups, note-takers, etc. are permitted to post on campus, external vendors are not allowed to post in the locations below unless otherwise noted.
Please note that all postings must adhere to the Washington Administrative Code 504-24-140 and the Washington State University Business Policies and Procedures Manual for posting in university spaces.
Chinook Student Center
The Chinook Student Center does not allow community postings or signage.
Compton Union Building
To protect the integrity of the Compton Union Building, policies are in place with regards to posting materials in and around the building. Multiple opportunities are available to your organization or department for effective promotion.
Student Affairs Marketing and Communications reserves the right to reject inappropriate or offensive material. Student Affairs Marketing and Communications is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged materials. We will make every possible effort to return your materials in the condition we received them.
- Bottom of the stairs near Butch's Den
- 2 locations on the Lower Level main corridor
- Next to L37
- Next to L38
- Next to L44
- Next to KZZU
- Across from the Student Organization Center
- Posters can only promote university events, events sponsored by a Registered Student Organization, student-sponsored activities, or WSU department sponsored activities.
- Entities not related to WSU are not authorized to use this resource.
- Use only the provided push pins on the boards for posting.
- Do not cover other posters.
- Remove your poster when it expires.
- Leave push pins behind for others to use.
Flush flashes are 11" x 8.5" landscape flyers posted in the restrooms of the CUB.
- Flush flashes should promote university events, events sponsored by a Registered Student Organization, student-sponsored activities, or WSU department sponsored activities.
- Bring flush flashes to the CUB Information Desk on the First Floor for distribution.
- No more than 12 flyers will be taken per event.
- Flush flashes are posted for one week.
- Flush flashes are put into rotation on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Flush flashes are not returned after expiration.
- Flush flashes should be delivered to CUB Information Desk at least one week prior to desired posting date.
Sandwich boards are 30" x 40" portrait posters that are displayed near CUB entrances.
- Sandwich Boards should promote university events, events sponsored by a Registered Student Organization, student-sponsored activities, or WSU department sponsored activities.
- Bring sandwich board posters to the CUB's First Floor Information Desk.
- No more than 2 posters will be taken per event.
- Sandwich boards are displayed for two weeks.
- Sandwich boards are put into rotation on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sandwich boards should be delivered to CUB Information Desk at least one week before desired posting date.
- Sandwich boards must be professionally printed on waterproof paper. This can be provided by Biomedical Communication Unit and University Communications.
- Sandwich boards are taken offline during the winter months due to snow removal, typically ranging from Thanksgiving Break to Spring Break.
Submit a Sandwich Board or Flush Flash Request
Please follow these steps:
Dining Services Locations
Those posting in the Dining Centers must be a student organization, recognized by Student Involvement. Flyers need to have the sponsoring organization clearly stated. The Secretary Supervisor for Dining services will screen each flyer and give approval based on established guidelines. Size is limited to 81/2 x 11.
In order to post a flyer within a Dining Center, you must:
- Bring three original flyer to the Dining Services administrative suite in Rogers hall at least one week before the desired date of posting. The Administrative Assistant will stamp and date the master copy.
- Make the required number of copies. Please note, Dining Services does not print or make copies of flyers.
- Deliver the copies to General Manager of Dining Center for posting.
Flyers must bear an approval stamp from Dining Services in order to be posted. The approval stamp can be valid for up to two weeks; therefore advertisements can be posted for up to two weeks before the event occurs. If you wish to take advantage of the full two weeks of advertising, you will want to bring your flyer for approval three weeks prior to your event. Flyers brought in less than one week prior to an event may not be approved.
Materials posted in the dining centers without departmental approval will be removed and the organization may be denied future posting privileges in the halls.
The use of this privilege will be limited to:
- Official announcements by ASWSU of campus-wide activities
- Registered Student Organizations
- Residence Hall Association activities which are system-wide
- Living group announcements
- Housing and Dining Services materials
Residence Halls & WSU Apartments
To protect the integrity of Housing and Residence Life, policies are in place with regards to posting materials in and around the building. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to reject inappropriate or offensive material. Housing and Residence Life is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged materials.
- Posters must be from a Registered Student Organization or WSU Department. This must be listed on the posters.
- Housing and Residence Life will post approved posters for you in the residence halls and apartment common areas.
- Posters must be approved and have an approval stamp from Housing and Residence Life. The stamp can be obtained in one of two ways:
- Bring a master copy of the poster to the Residence Life and Housing Office in Streit-Perham Hall or
- Email the poster to Res Life for approval
- In order to be considered for approval, the post by date and removal date for the poster must be provided
- Once a poster is approved, copies can be made and delivered to the Housing and Residence Life Office for distribution.
- 182 copies for all residence halls
- 36 copies for apartments
- Posters must be delivered at least one week before the desired posting date.
- Posters can be posted for up to two weeks unless an exception is made during the approval process.
- Housing and Residence Life does not print posters.
Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center allows for Registered Student Organizations and WSU Departments to provide one flyer to be posted to a community board. Flyers can be delivered to the Student Recreation Center Membership Desk.
University Recreation reserves the right to reject inappropriate or offensive material. University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged materials.